1. The International Journal of Hematology and Oncology-UHOD is the official organ of Akademi Doctor’s Publishers and publishes research articles, reviews, case reports, pre- and postgraduate educational reviews, scientific meeting abstracts and letters to the editor in the fields of Adult and Pediatric Hematology, Adult and Pediatric Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Immunology and Surgical Oncology.
2. UHOD is published every three months (one vo-lume per annum).
3. it is the authority of Editorial Board to accept, reject or transmit the submitted manuscripts to Advisory Board for further review.
4. it is the author(s)’ responsibility that the submitted manuscript is original work, not previously published or is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
5. Manuscripts may be written in Turkish or English.
6. Papers should be typed in 12 point typescript and double-spaced throughout the text including tables and references with wide margins (3 cm) on one side of a standard A4 paper. The papers should be prepared in 3 copies and submitted on a 3.5″ disc.
7. Research papers, should not exceed 10 printed pages and include:
English and Turkish abstracts
English and Turkish Key Words
Patients (Materials) and Methods
Title page: The title should be concise and reflect the purpose of the study. The title should be followed by the list of authors, including their full names with no academic degrees. Hospital or university affiliations should also be included. Correspondence address, phone and fax numbers and e-mail address (if available) should be written. The affiliations should only be given in the title page, not in the manuscript itself. if necessary, the name of the institution should be given in the original copy only.
Abstract page: The sbstract should be in English and Turkish with English and Turkish titles, and should consist of 100-150 words. it should start with a sentence indicating the rationale of the study and summarize the results and conclusions concisely. A list of up to 5 English and Turkish key words should be included and should conform the “Index Medicus” style.
Text pages: Background knowledge and the rationale of the study should be described in the Òintroduction” with appropriate references. Clinical studies should be entitled “Patients and Methods” and, laboratory studies and animal experiments should be entitled “Materials and Methods”. “Results” should illustrate numerical data which should be supported with spectacular figures and tables. The data should be discussed in the light of recent literature in the “Discussion” that should not exceed half the length of whole article.
8. Short reports include the preliminary results, negative studies and other studies that are not to be published as a full text manuscript. Short reports should not exceed 3 printed pages and an abstract with no more than 50 words and 10 references.
9. Case reports should not exceed 6 printed pages and include Abstract (50-100 words), introduction, Case Report and Discussion sections.
10. Reviews written on timely and educational topics are welcome. Authors should first contact the editor before submitting a review. Each review should normally be no longer than 12 printed pages with clear subheadings and 50-100 word abstract. Reviews written in Turkish with no more than 3 authors are preferrable.
11. Images in Hematology-Oncology section presents case reports with clinic, radiologic, and/or laboratory figures. it should be 150-200 words with no more than 6 authors.
12. Letters to the editor concerning recent publications in the Journal, short case reports and other subjects of particular interest are reviewed by the Editorial Board. They should be concise, have one figure or table and list up to 10 references.
13. Abbreviations should be standard. Any nonstandard abbreviations should be defined in the text when first used.
14. Tables and legends should be typed on separate pages at the end of the manuscript. Any explanation should be defined as a footnote, not in the le-gend line.
15. Illustrations must be cited in consecutive numerical order in the text. The figure number, title of the paper and an arrow indicating the top must be written at the back of each figure with an erasable soft pencil. identities of the authors should not be listed on the figures. The staining method and the magnification rate should be indicated in microscopic illustrations (e.g., H&E, x400). Submitted photographs, figures and graphics should be of professional quality.
For optimal reproduction quality, the illustrative materials must be clear, sharp and legible enough to be reduced in size for publication. Photographs should be submitted triplicate as unmounted black and white well-contrasted glossy prints.
No staples or needles are allowed. Laser printer should be used for computer printouts of graphics. Graphics should be two dimensional and black and white in color showing high contrast; gray tones should be avoided. Legends for the figures should be typed double spaced on a separate page. They must be concise and represent summaries of findings. Authors should retain one copy of original art work.
16. References must be cited as numerals in brackets in the text and listed at the end of the paper in numerical order corresponding to the order of citation. Journal names should be abbreviated as listed in “Index Medicus”. Accepted, but yet unpublished papers may be cited referring the term “in press”. Personal communications and unpublished data should be included within the text of the ma-nuscript, not as references. List all authors up to four authors. For five or more authors, list the first three authors followed by “et al”. Note the following examples:
Rodriguez J, Cortes J, Smith T, et al. Determinants of prognosis in late chronic-phase chronic myelogenous leukemia. J Clin Oncol 16: 3782-3787, 1998.
Güllü IH, Çelik I. Kemoterapi Elkitabı. 1st edition. Ankara, Akademi Doktorlar Yayınevi, 1997.
Alexander HR, Kelsen DG, Tepper JC. Cancer of the stomach. in: Cancer, Principles and Practice of Oncology. DeVita VT, Hellman S, Rosenberg SA (eds). 5th ed. Philadelphia, Lippincott-Raven, 1997: 1021-1054.
Appelbaum FR, Gilliland DG, Tallman MS. The biology and treatment of acute myeloid leukemia. in: 40th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology Education Book. McArthur JR, Schechter GP, Schrier SL (eds). December 4-8, 1998, Miami Beach, Florida, 1998: 10-13.
Ayhan A, Yasui W, Yokozaki H, Tahara E. Gastrointestinal karsinomlarda bcl-2 ekspresyonu ve gen değişiklikleri. Xii. National Cancer Congress, Antalya, April 23-26, 1997: P307.
Güllü IH. Mide kanserli hastalarda 5-florourasil, adriamisin, mitomisin kombine kemoterapisinin değerlendirilmesi. Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Oncology Institute, Medical Oncology Department Graduate Thesis, Ankara, 1992.
17. Copyright of the accepted papers published in the International Journal of Hematology and Oncology belongs to Akademi Doctor’s Publishers. The author(s) is(are) responsible for the scientific content of the manuscript.
18. “Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals” (Ann intern Med 1997; 126: 26-47) should be referred to for further details of manuscript preparation.